Field Service Technician
Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the successful candidate will deliver both telephone support from RMT as well as hands-on support at customer sites across North America. The field service technician will contribute to the delivery of Customer Care services to our customers and help foster long-term profitable relationships with our customers. Functions performed include the following:
- Provide 24/7 telephone support for existing customers
- Provide training on systems purchased by RMT customers
- Provide mechanical/electrical solutions for our customers through system troubleshooting & diagnostics
- Analyze, troubleshoot, debug, support & service robotic software and systems according to specifications and customer requirements
- Deliver hands-on support and service at customer site on short notice
Extensive travel is a requirement for this position.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Licensed technician (millwright, electrical) with 5 years experience in automation/robotics
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs. Experience in a customer service environment would be an asset.
- Knowledge of basic robot operations, including mechanical, electrical, and software interfacing in an industrial environment
- Experience with PLC's, HMI's, and servos and in troubleshooting PC and PLC based automation software.
- Ability to read mechanical/electrical drawings and possess assembly and maintenance skills
- Ability to use software diagnostic tools and basic computer skills
- Ability to prepare detailed field service reports using Microsoft Office