Field Service Technician Electrical/Mechanical
Reporting to the Customer Care Manager, the successful candidate will provide hands on support at customer sites across North America. The field service technician will contribute to the delivery of Customer Care services to our customers and help foster long-term profitable relationships with our customers. Functions performed include the following:
- Provide hands on training on systems purchased by RMT customers
- Provide mechanical/electrical solutions for our customers through system troubleshooting & diagnostics
- Deliver hands-on support and preventive maintenance service at customer site occasionally on short notice.
- Extensive travel is a requirement for this position.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications
- Technician/Technologist with 5 years’ experience preferably in automation or robotics.
- Strong customer focus and the ability to relate well to customer needs. Experience in a customer service environment would be an asset.
- Knowledge of basic robot operations, including mechanical, electrical, and software interfacing in an industrial environment would be an asset.
- Experience with PLC’s, HMI’s, and servos and in troubleshooting PC and PLC based automation software would be an asset.
- Ability to read mechanical/electrical drawings and possess assembly and maintenance skills
- Ability to prepare detailed field service reports using Microsoft Office